This is my first fondant cake.
It was a lot of fun to put together.
I made a leopard print briefcase and
opted for a stylish purse Doctor's bag.
It of course was a chocolate cake!
Last year about this time I was busily trying to help prepare for my sister's
medical school graduation party.
I helped with the decorations and we stenciled many, many tablecloths.
On each tablecloth we sponged alternate sizes of orange circles down the centers.
Then we stenciled inspirational words in green along the center border and
picked one inspirational word per tablecloth to highlight in a larger black font.
Some of the words we chose to use were: Dream, inspire, create, family, knowledge, courage and achieve.
We were all very excited for her.
Here is a picture of some of the good Hawaiian food we ate that day at the party.
All of the food was made by family members.
On this plate we have some lomi lomi salmon, kalua pig, chicken long rice,
grilled steak, rice and potato crab salad.
Where's the poi?
I love the cake at those table clothes. Great idea, I'll have to remember that for future parties. Maybe stars for 4th of July party. Now I need to plan a party :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh...I didn't know that was you Marta commenting. Sorry. Thanks. Stars for the 4th would be cute or any patriotic holiday!!
ReplyDelete