"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Monday, November 28, 2011

Printable: Christmas Advent Calendar

 Christmastime is such a wonderful time of the year. It is a time of giving and making family memories to last a lifetime. We finally put all of the "orange" away and brought out the Christmas colors. Trimmed the tree and remembered all of our loved ones. And...it's not even December yet. It's just around the corner and I thought I'd make up an advent calendar. The challenge was to only use what I had in house.
    I painted some frames turquoise and added red polka dot paper behind the glass of the picture frame. I then glued some twine around the back and clipped my numbers on. On the back of each numbered card is a fun thing to do as a family.
 Small as reading a favorite Christmas story and big as creating a ginger bread house from scratch.
You could totally put clues on the back of the cards for your family to find small treats or fun activities to do together this December. I didn't put treats on the cards because I think some people around here might just get to them before the intended date. Ahem....no naming. ha. Anyway, I love how it turned out. I hope you will be inspired to make one of your own and have lots of holiday fun this season!  {Below is the printable I created.}
~Christie
Christmas Advent Calendar




Follow my blog and grab a button. Mahalo!


6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty how you have it displayed. Love the idea of using frames like this. Thanks for the printables!
    Love your blog! I'm you newest follower! I have a weekly linky party called Terrific under Ten Tuesdays. It's for projects or thrift finds made/bought for $10 or less. I would love for you to link up sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a wonderful job with your Advent calendar. You are very sweet adding your printables too-thank you!

    I am hosting an Advent calendar link up as part of my 12 Days of Christmas series at my Christmas blog. I sure do hope you can pop by and link up this wonderful post!

    Best Christmas wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love it. I'd sure love to make one of these for my kids. What a pretty advent calendar.
    I'd love you to link up with us.
    http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/12/fun-stuff-fridays-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO cute! I love this idea! I'm having an advent link up and would love for you to join!
    http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/2011/12/december-1st-beginning-of-advent.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Labels

I believe that every person is born with talent.
Maya Angelou