I had a lovely weekend.
Friday was a holiday...Statehood day, you know.
So, we took some time to enjoy the ocean.
We ended up at the harbor and saw many things.
These boats all in a row with the clouds overhead.
A vacant crab shell left by its previous owner on the lava rocks.
(I think he's smiling at me.)
A view of the open ocean with some dried pili grass underfoot.
The sea turtles were abundant and basking on the sand.
The largest honu definitely huffed at me when I snapped a photo of him.
I took a cue and left him alone.
The boys caught a box fish in the reef.
After making friends, they carefully returned him to his watery home.
Amazingly I had time to read a book.
One that actually turned out to be a great easy read.
One Summer by David Baldacci.
| Image Source |
And of course, I finished up a refashion for my daughter.
A size 10 top into a size 6 skirt.
Turned out wonderfully comfortable and super simple to sew up.
Basically, I cut the top portion off of the shirt.
I then gathered the top edge of the skirt and
pinned a tube of sized knit ribbing to the top.
I sewed it into place and added a cutesy flower for embellishment.
I love the fact that I didn't even have to sew a hem or side seam.
Gotta love refashions!!!
~Christie
Looks great! I love refashions too.
ReplyDeleteEmily
domesticdeadline.blogspot.com
love your pics come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteLove your skirt! The solid waistband gives it a great look!
ReplyDeletePlease know how much I appreciate you linking up at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :) Hope you'll continually share your creativity with us during the weekly party.
ReplyDelete