"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Friday, August 26, 2011

An ABC Refresher

    Something really quite humorous happened to me the other night. It actually was quite ridiculous and humbling at the same time. As you may already know, the 4 do school at home and in the spirit of education I put up some alphabet cards along the molding of my school area. Everyone thought that they were cute. Many commented on how leveled they were...all 26. 
    One month later, as we were sitting down for dinner, my 4 yr old exclaimed, "Mommy, you did it wrong!" Huh, what did I do now? 
    "Mommy it doesn't go T U W V X Y Z!" Huh? "It goes T U V W X Y Z!" She was so perplexed at the fact that I got it wrong, but more pleased at the point she had made.
    Laughing, I said, "I guess I don't know my alphabet." 
    "Mommy, and P doesn't go before O!" Huh? 
    Now, being laughed at even more, I said, "Thank you. I'm so glad you noticed my mistake."
  "It's okay. You're welcome Mom. I know my alphabet!"
   This case in point supports the thoughts of motherhood erasing brain cells and enforces the classic characteristic of motherhood which is sporadic absentmindedness for sure!!!     
    Although, I do have to say that it took my 4 year old to notice the mistake that every other person seemed to overlook. So, in light of the fact that I do not know my alphabet I decided to make a chart with every letter on the alphabet and share it with all of you. 
    I hope you had a good laugh. I did. :)ABC Refresher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Labels

I believe that every person is born with talent.
Maya Angelou