I'm so ready for some fun.
I wanted to make a little something
sparkly for the girlies.
Here is how I made these
mini patriotic pom poms.
mini patriotic pom poms.
*First, I wound the yarn around an index card.
Then I pulled the bunch off of the index card and cut the end of the yarn.
I tied a piece of yarn around the middle of the bunch nice and tight.
Time to cut the loop ends on both sides of the bunch.
Then shape your pom pom by giving it a bit of a haircut.
Don't cut too close to the tied piece of yarn.
You want your pom pom to stay intact.
The red, white, and blue yarns together will look like this.
And of course you can make solid color pom poms also.
Dot some tackly glue all over your pom pom and sprinkle on the glitter.
Dry completely.
Take a pony tail holder and measure it for fit and cut the excess.
Cut out two felt circles.
Hot glue the ends of the ponytail holder onto one felt circle.
Then hot glue the other felt circle on top.
Once that is securely done,
hot glue your dried pom pom on top for a Patriotic Pom Pom Sparkler Ring.
I also hot glued them in three on some barrettes.
A headband would be darling also.
Have a fun 4th!
~Christie
You have such great ideas!
ReplyDeleteI love this! I featured it on my blog at dazzlingdomesticdiva.blogspot.com come check it out & grab a button!
ReplyDeleteI love your post and all of your holiday spirit! I'm visiting from Be Different Act Normal! I’m hosting my first ever blog party and its all 4th of July-all Red, White, and Blue! I’d love for you to link up and share with me!
ReplyDeletehttp://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com/2011/07/4th-of-july-link-party.html
Hope to see you over at my place soon!
Kaitlin-The Not So Simple Housewife
http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com
Mahalo!
ReplyDeleteThese are great. I'm hosting a Red, White and Blue Linky Party and I'd love for you to join in on the fun by linking up.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2011/07/red-white-and-blue-linky-party.html
Mahalo, my friend! Thanks for linking up this beautiful post at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :) YOur Sparklers and Curry Salad posts are equally awesome!
ReplyDeleteThank you all for including me in your parties! Loved seeing everyone's projects!
ReplyDelete