"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sewing: Dorothy Costume

Follow the Yellow Brick Road...
Follow the Yellow Brick Road...
Follow,follow,follow,follow...
Follow the Yellow Brick Road!
    Who doesn't remember watching this timeless classic throughout the years. The reason why I made this costume is because my 4 year old had one too many ideas of what she wanted to be for Halloween. They were great and marvelous ideas...but they seemed to change every day. So, I told her to pick one costume idea. On and on went the endless ideas. Then I remembered her favorite red glittery ruby slippers. Aha! How about Dorothy from the Wizard of OZ? Huh? Cue movie. Instantly fell in love with the idea. Even better, I had 2 yards of blue gingham tucked away for a project just like this. I made the skirt form a pattern but altered it by making an overall top with buttons and straps. I also refashioned a with blouse by shortening the sleeves. It took an afternoon to cut and sew up the dress. Not too bad. She will wear her ruby slippers and red glittery bows in her hair. A wooden hand basket will be carried along with "Toto." 
Happy Halloween!
~Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Labels

I believe that every person is born with talent.
Maya Angelou