So, I took my Ginghers and snipped a line across the top and one up the middle to create a little shrug.
I then cut 2 inch strips of printed cotton fabric in order to make up some bias tape. With the bias tape I pinned it from the top around the front, side, back and around to the other top corner and stitched it into place. I added a button loop and a sparkly button.
{The natural lighting made the shrug look lavender-ish.}
I made a fabric flower out of a piece of the bias tape and added some green polka dotted ribbon for the greenery in the little accent.It was delightfully simple to sew up and turned out quite cute. Season appropriate and perfect for any little sundress.
Aloha!
~Christie
Just a little piano music that I've been listening to.
Have a great weekend!
Beautiful!!!! I may make one for ME!!!! TFS
ReplyDeleteThanks.It is such a fun and functional refashion!
DeleteHi Christie, I've featured your Spring Shrug today...
ReplyDeletehttp://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/04/threading-your-way-features_14.html
This is an awesome refashion, Christie!!! It's so pretty and feminine. Love the matching fabric flower!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Yes, it is quite girly.
DeleteI just love this soooooo much. Thanks for such a simple idea that looks amazing!!
ReplyDeleteIt was simple...I like simple ideas best. Mahalo!
DeleteGreat idea! I love up cycling clothes! Aloha!
ReplyDeleteI know...up cycling clothes are the most fun! Aloha.
DeleteThis turned out beautifully! The little flower that matches the trim makes a perfect finishing touch. I would love it if you would consider linking to Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy, a Sunday through Thursday link party for ideas that make life easier, better and more fun!
ReplyDeleteI really like the color combo of fabrics. Thanks for inviting me to your linky party. I will be sure to visit. Mahalo!
DeleteWhat a great job you did - I love it!
ReplyDeleteThis is so pretty!
ReplyDeleteI loooooooove the colors. just perfect for me
Looks great! I've been trying to summon up the courage to do something similar to an old woollen jumper of my husband's for me to wear. Your success might just give me the push I need...
ReplyDeletethis is just so pretty!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing on Serenity Saturday xxx
Thank you. I actually refashioned one of my sweaters in a waist length version of this. It is super comfortable!
ReplyDelete