"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead." ~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Crochet: Bunny

  Lately a merry little tune has been floating around... "Here comes Peter Cottontail... hopping down the bunny trail...hippity-hoppity Easter's on its way!" The Easter holiday is fast approaching and I think I've spotted some promise of Easter fun around town. The big banner announcing the local egg hunt. Flyers for a fun-filled egg drop at our school. And of course in blogland...the superabundance of crafty creative ideas for spring.
  This past weekend as I listened to General Conference I crocheted this sweet bunny. I used the Bella the Bunny crochet pattern from Lionbrand. It's a free pattern if you log into their site. The head and body work in one round. Then you work up the arms, legs and ears. Sew them into place and you've got your bunny. I added eyes, nose, whiskers and a bunny tail.{Too funny.} 
 I used a printed cotton to make a teeny tiny pillowcase dress for Bella the Bunny. Pink ribbon ties off the dress and a beaded necklace graces the neckline. I stitched into place a headband of rolled frayed flowers in lavender. Then I made a layered satin flower with a beaded center for the accent on the headband. No girl can go with out a little blush...on the cheeks and the ears.
  There are a great many easy to advanced patterns on the Lionbrand website. Check it out...you may be inspired to work up some cuteness of your very own.
Aloha!
~Christie

1 comment:

  1. She is so adorable - I love the little flower in her hair!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Labels

I believe that every person is born with talent.
Maya Angelou